Dance like nobody's watching
The dancer

Rebecca Chia
Rebecca Chia
Create Your Badge

Rebecca
27th July
Murdoch University
Leo
Loves to Laugh


Shouts




links

My Forever21 Wishlist
link
link
link
link
link

Credits

Designer: Elies
Base code:OHsaygoodbye
Image: Kristi

Saturday, April 23, 2005

( @ 4:21 pm )

Waaaa! What a hectic day today! Early in the morning, had to go to Sembawang Secondary School, and then after finishing what i had to do there, I rushed over to the Admiralty Learning Care centre, where we are supposed to teach upper primary school kids. So, I rushed there, and I dunno where the place is, coz they wrote down the address wrongly. Luckily, Serena was already there, so she told me where. Turned out I was in the right place, just that I was at the wrong entrance.

Had intended studying with Qinsi today. But debriefing was until 1++, and by the time I reached her house, it will be 2++, and she has to go out at 3++, so in the end, we cancelled it. During the debriefing, sighz, I learned that one girl, who is not interacting with the volunteers well, had a father who had terminal cancer. My god! I couldn't help thinking about it. It's so sad. In my small cocoon of life, I never actually experienced these kind of sufferings before, coz when my aunt had brain tumour, and had to have an operation, my parents did not allowed us to go to the hospital. Then she just passed away. Do you know, I had not even had the chance to see her alive one last time just because my parents did not want us to see her suffer? I was so bitter about the doctors who operated on her at first. I was so mad at them for letting them die. But somehow, along the way, I sort of understood that the doctors couldn't help it... and now, this girl had to see her father suffer. I dunno, my feelings are pretty mixed up now. And Serena was there beside me on the train talking about Alex not answering his phone and all that, I was pretty mad at her for not sympathising with the girl, coz this is the cold hard facts of life. And i hate it. I loved my destiny sometimes, but other times, I wish I could find a way to rebel. Really. Truly. Rebel.

Another kid was 14 years old, and he was still in primary school coz his command of english is not good. I think his parents are poor too. Ohhhhh, I just don't know. Sheryl say to drag Alex and Alvin over next time, but well, to tell the truth, reality sucks. It truly does.

Serena is troubled over affairs of the heart. And it's not a good thing, because she wanted to see Alex, and wanted to find out where his apartment is, dunno wat pinkish thing, so we went all the way to United sq coz she felt that he lived near there. Result, I am so tired now. I was already pretty depressed today, after hearing about the girl, and after my interview, which I feel did not go so well. Sighz...

I might be flying free, but I am not flying happily.
Au revoir.



0 comments